sábado, 26 de mayo de 2007

O'Neal assured he will retire with Heat..(Shaq és retirara amb els Heat)

Before addressing a group of elementary school students Thursday at AmericanAirlines Arena, the Heat center turned to a small group of team staffers and reporters and quipped, "This is my last time here."
Shortly after lauding the students, O'Neal said he has been assured by coach Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison that Miami will be his final NBA stop.

"I've been told that I'm going to retire here, so I'm not really worried about it," he said.

A report earlier this week in the Chicago Tribune triggered conjecture about the remaining three seasons and $60 million on O'Neal's contract.

That led Riley to issue a statement Wednesday and then O'Neal to hold his impromptu media session Thursday.

"You all should be spanked for this," the playful center said with a grin.

O'Neal said the entire matter grew out of misinterpreting his perceived indifference to the regular season.

"The regular season, it's just like playing chess, you have to put yourself in a good position," he said. "I said it didn't matter, but I didn't mean it didn't matter."

He said he will report to camp in October in required condition.

"I'll be ready at the beginning and the end," he said. "I'm always ready."

No hay comentarios: